How we collect your data
We collect your data mainly through the initial Health Questionnaire form but may also be collected via phone, email or face to face conversations.
Personal data is also collected via the enquiry form on the website and If you choose to contact Restoring Balance through one of its social media platforms
Enquiry form on the website
- First name
- Last Name
- Phone number
Information requested when filling out the Medical History Form
- Phone Number
- Mobile Number
- Address and post code
- GP Name, address
- Emergency contact
- Current and past medical history details such as past injuries, operations, scars, physical and emotional trauma, past treatments, medications as well as treatment aims and other pertinent lifestyle information.
- Each treatment is documented and saved on your file and may include photos and videos relating to your treatments
- Visitor IP
- Email Address
How we use your data
We use your data initially to deliver our services to you; to contact you between appointments with appropriate wellbeing and rehabilitation information; inform you of news, events and appointments and for marketing purposes if you have given prior permission.
Health Questionnaire form
- We collect your personal data upon booking your first appointment with us, in order to create you an account and to be able to provide you with our services in the most informed way.
- The provision of this data is necessary for us to understand your current health, identify any Red Flags and enable us to work with you using our protocols, in case of failure to provide such data you may not be able to use the services at Restoring Balance;
Additional information for your records (the providing of this information is optional)
- We provide you the opportunity to give us any additional history information as it comes up in or out of sessions. Whilst the provision of this data is completely voluntary any information you give us will aid our ability to treat you. This data will be used to supplement the information in our records and help us adapt our treatment recommendations.
Restoring Balance Contact form
- We collect and process the data in this section in order to identify and respond to the person who sends us a message via the contact form.
- Your treatment sessions are recorded on file and may include video footage of movement range and analysis; photos for postural or scar work reference; thermal imaging pre and post treatment. We use this data to help provide and progress you with an individualized treatment program.
- If you leave a comment on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Sharing of your personal data
- Your data will only be shared upon your request or in a referral process to other medical professionals in which we will obtain your prior consent.
- We do not sell, trade or transfer personally identifiable information
- In certain circumstances the Data Protection Act allows personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. Under these circumstances, Restoring Balance will disclose data after gaining verification that the request is legitimate.
Protection of your data
For how long will we store your personal data?
- We will store your personal data for the length of your treatment with Restoring Balance and for seven (7) years afterwards. This is to meet the legal requirements of Restoring Balance’s insurance policy.
How is your data stored?
- Medical history and personal data is removed from the website as soon as you submit your History Form to us. It is then assigned a unique password and stored in GDPR compliant cloud based servers.
- Our email system will retain your email address on the computer. This computer is under password protection whenever it is not in use.
- Payment data is not retained. All information collected and processed by our payment providers is managed by their own policies.
Third Party Data Processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen:
- Acuity Scheduling: is the online booking system used at Restoring Balance and holds the client contact details, health questionnaires, and also client notes.
- Zapier: links multiple systems together
- Zoom: electronic platform used for remote sessions and delivery of training.
- MailChimp: manages and send newsletters
- Mailerlite: manages and send newsletters
- Facebook: displays our social feed via their proprietary app
- Instagram: display our social feed via their proprietary app
- LinkedIn: display our social feed via their proprietary app
- SumUp: for securely processing payments
- PayPal: for securely processing payments
- YouTube: hosts videos and recording of training sessions.
- Drop Box: securely store files
- Google: using analytics, maps
Marketing and Opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by email, about hints and tips, blogs, special offers, updates, new services that may be of interest to you.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time.
Your Legal rights
Under the GDPR, you have rights in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. We will respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- specify the personal data you want access to
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject is acceptable). Alternatively you can Unsubscribe from newsletters by pushing the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the newsletter itself.
You also have the right to:
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
Please note that the above requests are all subject to the 7 year storage clause above
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Officer under registration ZA794747. To exercise your rights, in the first instance contact us using the details below.
Restoring Balance, Staunton Avenue, Hayling Island, Hampshire, PO11 0EN
Last updated: 3 January 2021